The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
The best RPG on Mac in years
Be drawn by the ambitious and thought-provoking story of Geralt of Rivia set in the most lively and believable game world ever created.
Before you buy, please expand this description and check the system requirements below.
A time of untold chaos has come. Mighty forces clash behind the scenes in a struggle for power and influence. The Northern Kingdoms mobilize and prepare for war. But armies on the march are not enough to stop a bloody conspiracy. Someone is hunting crowned heads. Every assassination attempt intensifies the chaos and might truly does make right these days. Cruelty and violence have become daily fare…
Immersive, mature, non-linear story - An intense, emotionally-charged story. A complex, expensive adventure in which every decision may lead to dire consequences.
Spectacular, dynamic and tactical combat system - A combat system that fuses spectacular, dynamic battles with well-developed RPG mechanics and a full range of tactical options.
Realistic, vast game world - A deep, rich game world where ominous events shape the lives of entire populations while blood thirsty monsters rage about.
The best looking RPG on Mac Computers - Thanks to the new, ultra-modern REDengine, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition features both beautiful graphics and sophisticated in-game mechanics, drawing players into the most lively and believable world ever created in a video game.
Ultra-modern, cutting-edge REDengine technology - it supports smooth gameplay without the frequent loading interruptions that can disrupt gamers’ immersion.
The Enhanced Edition is the most plentiful version of the game up to date, offering players more quests, cinematics and game modes, that were not part of the initial release.
Important information regarding The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet the minimum system requirements:
If you encounter problems playing the game, please visit thewitcher.com/support and contact our support team. This allows us to deal with your issue quickly, and helps us to improve our games.
The Enhanced Edition features lots of new and exciting content:
- Additional hours of gameplay: New major adventures set in previously unseen locations, expanding the story and introducing new characters, mysteries and monsters.
- New Game Introduction and cinematics: All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn.
- BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.
- All of the up-to-date DLC and improvements introduced in the 2.0 version of the game, including:
- Arena Mode – an arcade mode that allows players to fight against endless waves of enemies and test their combat skills. Players can share their results with their friends by uploading high scores to the forums or to Facebook .
- A new, extensive tutorial system - allows gamers to be gradually and smoothly immersed in the game world and Geralt’s adventures.
- Dark Mode – a difficulty level designed for hardcore players, with unique dark-themed items. At this difficulty level, even greater emphasis is placed on battle preparation, defensive maneuvers and opportunistic attacking.
- Official soundtrack in MP3 format.
- OS X version 10.8 or later.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GT 650M 512MB (on 1440x900, medium), Radeon HD 5770 1GB (on 1440x900, low)
- Hard Drive: 25 GB free space on HDD
- OS X version 10.7.5 or later.
- Processor: Quad Core Intel
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GT 650M 1 GB (on 1440x900, medium), Radeon HD 6970M 1 GB (on 1920x1080, medium)
- Hard Drive: 25 GB free space on HDD